Park Region and its affiliates (Otter Tail Telcom, Rothsay Telephone Company, and Valley Telephone Company), herein referred to as Park Region Companies, have been monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely, and we’re implementing actions to protect the safety of our employees, customers, and network integrity. Internet and phone connectivity are a necessity for our daily lives at work and at home, especially during this crisis. This is why Park Region Companies have initiated plans to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) to its employees and customers. The following steps are being taken to help mitigate as much unnecessary risk as possible:
1. Starting Wednesday, March 18th, we will be closing our retail offices in Underwood and Fergus Falls to the general public. Customers will still have access to our customer service centers through 24/7 phone assistance by dialing 611 from any phone with Park Region Companies service or may reach us at (218) 826-6161, (218) 998-2000, or 1-800-247-2706. During business hours, customers can send an email message to email@example.com. Customers experiencing equipment problems or requiring equipment returns should contact us first for specific instructions.
2. We may limit our technicians from entering customer premise locations. Access could be limited to outside areas only. Trouble or service calls might be limited to essential services or emergency services only. If such limitations are in place, we will likely inform customers at the time of the service call.
3. We are working with our network and equipment vendors to ensure proper connectivity for all services. We are also preparing for possible operational issues that may arise from the displacement of workers, stay-at-home customers, and increased bandwidth or communication needs.
4. We are preparing our staff to work from home if possible.
5. Out of an abundance of caution for the safety and well-being of our customers and employees, we have initiated a pause on all company travel through April 30, 2020, except in special circumstances.
6. Please consider paying your bill online, calling our office to make your payment, or utilizing the payment drop boxes located at the locations listed below. This will help decrease further spreading of the virus and helps with social distancing.
Park Region Telephone Otter Tail Telcom Utility Drop Box Erhard
100 Main St N 230 West Lincoln Ave Alley next to former Post Office State Street
Underwood Fergus Falls Fergus Falls Erhard
7. We have prioritized the connectivity needs of schools, hospitals, and healthcare/assisted living providers.
As an essential service provider, it is our responsibility to be prepared. These steps are precautionary but necessary in maintaining a safe working environment for our staff and continuous network connectivity to our customers.
FCC’S KEEP AMERICA CONNECTED PLEDGE
The Park Region Companies are also participating in the Keep America Connected Pledge. Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society, we pledge for the next 60 days to:
1. Not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
2. Waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic
We ask for your patience and understanding as we all deal with this crisis on a local, state, national and international basis. If you have questions, please dial 611 from any phone with Park Region Companies service. You may also reach us at (218) 826-6161, (218) 998-2000, or 1-800-247-2706.
Dave Bickett, GM/CEO
Park Region Companies